Love letters from your kids are the best kind of love letters.
My co-worker, Caroline, recently helped me get my office more organized. Among the many items that needed to be cleaned up from a stack of miscellaneous items and put somewhere, were some precious notes from my kids. I inherited an old window frame when I moved offices that hangs on my wall and had a "Top 10 List of Rules for Living" that among them included things about wine and cats, neither one of which I am fond of. I don't have any issue with either of them per say, but they don't make my life complete like they do for some. So Caroline suggested we make that a place to hang all the notes from kids and call them my love letters. Um, #precious.
It's been up a couple of weeks and I love it! Thanks, Caroline! I don't want to take anything away from love letters between significant others, however over the last couple of weeks, I have realized that love letters from your kids are actually the best. Here are 5 reasons why:
1. They're love letters from your kids! #duh
2. They say a lot without saying a lot
3. There's no waste, they use one piece of paper and simply color over their mistakes
4. They help you move past those mornings when they are being rude, ungrateful, little humans
5. They don't always share their feelings out loud, but this shows me that they are feeling them