Well hey there!
Thank you for your interest in the Director of Engagement Marketing. We would love to have you join our team…if you’re the right fit, of course! If you think you have what it takes to be the Director of Engagement Marketing, then read on and apply!
Other than being awesome, the Director of Engagement Marketing is responsible for various projects and duties within the McMahon Marketing Kingdom. In this position you will assist McMahon Marketing, and their clients, by determining the best strategies to represent brand identity both in print and online.
You will be part public relations, part copywriter, part design assistant, all strategist and definitely people-oriented. You will not only develop day-to-day content for social media and blogging platforms, but you will be responsible for disseminating analytic information to clients and pitching to local and national news media. In short, the Digital Media Director is responsible for managing a team in developing, executing, and monitoring online media plans for clients as well as facilitating cross-discipline communications.
Essential Functions - must be EXPERIENCED in the following:
• Manage social media accounts for clients (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google for Business, etc)
• Write, edit and proofread blogs, articles, social media postings and press releases for applicable clients
• Create and send e-mail marketing newsletters for applicable clients
• Understand and interpret digital analytic data from Sprout Social and our SEO Reports. Send findings to clients in a prompt, easy-to-digest manner bi-weekly
• Make recommendations as to how you may improve the business or your skills
• Generate content and copy proofs for the design team
• Copy write for print and digital pieces in conjunction with the client and design team’s vision
• Conduct preliminary market research to better drive digital strategy including survey and SWOT analysis experience
• Some event planning and organization required
• Review website data
• Proactive approach moving the department forward
Skills Necessary (not the nunchuck kind):
• Write words good. Really, you should know how to properly structure your sentences. We want to see people who know how to not only write, but edit as well. Look alive people because this is a writing-intensive job.
• Be creative. Whether you suggest an idea during a team meeting or want to start an epic movement within the team, we need a team member who can provide fresh and creative ideas.
• Know the 411. You must have a desire to stay informed. We encourage the team to set tangible goals to stay informed within their field. Be in the know with national and local media outlets and have a desire to continuously further your education.
• This is Spartaaa! You must display strong leadership skills. We are a team, and a very close one at that! You must help motivate the staff and create a positive and productive work environment. Leave grumpy cat at home.
• Be friendly. You must value building meaningful relationships. This desire will translate into media relations initiatives and client interactions. Without relationships you cannot become a successful public relations practitioner. We can’t coach someone to break out of their shell in this position; you should already be a bird…ready to spread your wings. Fly, baby, fly!
• Don’t be crappy. You must act with honesty and integrity. This one is a given. We are a results-driven agency and our reputation is built on our honesty, integrity and hard-working spirit.
• Do you want a six pack? You must be willing to exercise a sense of humor. This job is often stressful and you will wear many different hats. You need to be able to laugh at something or yourself.
• Be a go getter. You must be ambitious. Need I say more? You will be part of a rapidly-growing company and family. Keep your eyes on the prize and share in the vision of what’s coming McMahon Marketing’s way.
• Get funky. You must be willing to embrace the weirdness. We are goofy people who love to have fun. Taking a break and giving into the weirdness of our lives, our jobs and the business is an absolute must.
Our hookups for you:
• Putting competitions
• Endless belly laughs
• Occasional dance parties
• Face-to-Face client interaction A.K.A a boost to your communicate skills
• The opportunity to grow and continue learning
• Learn and appreciate the hard work of our clients; you will truly get a sense of gratitude for what business owners do
• A lot of fun, hard work and a whole lot of weirdness. Like a lot.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Public Relations or related field
• Experience with CRMs and social media management software and website content management systems.
• Must understand the mechanics of good social content and strategy across Facebook, Twitter and other social platforms
• Must be computer literate and tech savvy
• Experience with MailChimp, Hootsuite, Sprout Social, CRMs, Adobe Creative Suite, and video editing, HTML and Web Design is a plus.
• Must be organized and have excellent time management skills
• Must be a motivated and adaptable to rapid change
• Must have a detailed awareness of our clients’ unique needs in terms of their industries trends, promotional resources, market status and competition
About McMahon Marketing:
We are an awarding winning firm based in Norman. We help companies grow and are very passionate about our team, clients and getting results. We’re working on filling our trophy case (do people still have those?): 2015 Addy Award Winner, 2015 okcBIZ Best of Business Best Advertising Agency Finalist, Best Graphic Design Firm, Best PR Firm, Best Web Design Service, 2014 Best of the Best Marketing Agency, Finalist 2014 Best Place to Work, Winner 2014 Best Boss, 2014 US Chamber of Commerce Blue Ribbon Small Business of the Year.
Company benefits include but are not limited to:
- Annual company trip – all expenses paid. This year we are going to the Circles Creative conference and are super stoked!
- Gym Membership
- Cell phone reimbursement
- More to come later this year!
Ready to apply?! Please send us your resume and some work samples to email@example.com. This position is for someone with proven experience in the field. No need to apply if you have not had professional experience.
You may also apply on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs2/view/44266704.
We look forward to meeting you!